The School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning provides scholarships each year in support of student travel-related expenses for the following:
- Research related to a thesis or applied project
- Planning internship opportunity in another city or country
- Paper presentation at a national or international planning conference
- Participation in the Network for European and United States Regional and Urban Studies (NEURUS) program
- Other travel opportunities as determined worthy of support by committee
Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and are selected by the urban planning faculty members of the awards committee. Scholarships are awarded annually to those students who best demonstrate how the travel experience will enhance their academic success and career potential in the planning profession.
The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the Urban Planning Travel Scholarship:
- Full-time MUEP students in the first or second year
- Students must be in good standing, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
To apply for the award:
To apply for the Urban Planning Travel Scholarship:
- Download the Urban Planning Scholarships and Awards application form. Complete all information applicable to this award, and save the file.
- Download your unofficial ASU transcript
- Please submit a single PDF file containing all your application materials, including an unofficial copy of your ASU transcript, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Sunday, February 4th. Please use the following naming convention for your application file: award - last name, first name (ex. “UPTS – Ray, Nick”). Please copy the file name into your email subject line.
- Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 4, 2018.
2018 award amount:
Two awards will be given, in an amount up to $1,500 each, paid on a reimbursement basis.